Monday, November 16, 2009

In Class Proofreading Excercise, Brent Stempfle


When I was in high school, I played basketball. I did this from eighth grade until twelfth, and I quite enjoyed it. In fact, I enjoyed it to the point that basketball season was probably the best time I had in high school. However, my enjoyment on the court was certainly not due to my ability. I, quite unfortunately, was not that effective on the court, and regarded anything more than two points in a game to be a major personal success. However, I was happy to at least be a part of the team, and I got alog (should be along) with literally everyone on the team, and made friends that I certainly wouldn't have made without playing.

Throughout high school, my lack of talent had at least been overshadowed by moderately successful work ethic, which had at least built me a good reputation among my teammates. This reputation would be beneficial in the last game I would ever play. With one of our best players being forced to leave due to prior commitments, and the other spraining his ankle in a previous game, our team was left with no direction, and lacking raw talent. The time had come for the rest of us to carry the load. I had no idea what i was in for that afternoon, and it was a day i'll (should have a capital I) never forget.



The writing process was rather interesting for me, and was at least moderately nostalgic given the opportunity to relive an event from my past. Writing to express was a lot more relaxed and fun than writing to evaluate.

No comments:

Post a Comment