Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WebQuest Exercise– Jessica Lloyd

I’m not going to lie, just looking at the word ‘grammar’ gives me shivers, superlatives make me feel insecure, and when I think about interrogative pronouns my palms get all sweaty. Wait just a minute, I may have lied; grammar is only half as bad as I make it sound. Being able to understand the history of the English Language, and all its’ endearing quirks, enables you to use it to your greatest advantage (world domination, perhaps?). Our language has been used for centuries as a way to entertain, teach and as a tool in self-discovery. Chances are, you’ll be able to enjoy great works of literature even if you’re unsure of the differences between adjectives, adverbs and verbs. However, if you're like me and dream of changing the world one sentence at a time, you better hit the books.

No comments:

Post a Comment